The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring the gorgeous Italian Riviera.
Wander through the picturesque Cinque Terre, tour the ancient and unspoiled villages of the Armea and Crosia Valleys or simply laze on the beach at Levanto: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Italian Riviera with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Italian Riviera:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Italian Riviera, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and area plans show in detail the church of San Lorenzo, Porto Antico, the aquarium and Parco Durazzo Pallavicini in Genoa, plus Portofino Peninsula, Grotte di Toirano, Dolceacqua and more
- Colour photographs of the Italian Riviera's iconic colourful villages, medieval architecture, picturesque harbours, stunning coastline and much more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Genoa - Il Centro Storico, Le Strade Nuove and beyond - and the Riviera di Levante and the Riviera di Ponente
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the Riviera's spectacular landscape, parks and natural reserves, and coastline; the art and architecture of Liguria; the history of the region, including Genoa's Golden Age; and the festivals and events that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Italian Riviera is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Italian Riviera.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to see more of Italy? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Italy.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.