Stretching from the snow-capped mountain ranges in the north to the sun-baked beaches and scirocco-scorched towns of the south, Italy is an ideal destination for a road trip. It's yours to explore with Road Trips Italy, our redesigned and newly updated guide containing 24 drives across the country, from the quiet medieval town of Orta San Giulio and its island, Isola di San Giulio, to the moody, volcanic hillsides surrounding Rome.
Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals Italy at its best: spectacular sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences.
Inside Road Trips Italy:
- 24 easy-to-follow scenic driving tours, each lasting one to five days, including the vineyards of Chianti, the gastronomic pleasures of Umbria and the emerald coasts of Sardinia
- A laminated pull-out road map of Italy helps you navigate with ease
- Ideas for discovering the character of each area en route: great views, delightful detours along peaceful back roads, walks through historic towns and villages, wine tours and boat trips and activities such as hiking, cycling and kayaking. Plus you'll savour the best local produce with our pick of the most authentic places to stay, eat and shop
- All the Italian rules of the road, postcodes for use with satnav and detailed directions for easy navigation, information on road conditions and parking tips, plus useful travel, visa and health information
- A fresh new design: Road Trips is an exciting new take on the DK Eyewitness Back Roads series, redesigned and fully updated
Looking for even more inspiration for your trip to Italy? Try our DK Eyewitness Italy.