Discover a city that has stood the test of time.
Whether you want to immerse yourself in the past at Pompeii and Herculaneum, relax with an alfresco drink by the turquoise waters of Capri or take a dip in Ischia's thermal spas, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Naples and the Amalfi Coast have to offer.
One of the world's oldest surviving cities, Naples is a colourful collection of neighbourhoods whose Baroque façades and atmospheric alleys contrast beautifully with the exquisite natural landscapes of the nearby Amalfi Coast.
Our recently updated guide brings Naples and the Amalfi Coast to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the region's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
- our pick of Naples and the Amalfi Coast's must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of Naples and the Amalfi Coast, from Toledo to Pompeii
- our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Want the best of Naples and the Amalfi Coast in your pocket? Try out DK Eyewitness Top 10 Naples and the Amalfi Coast. Touring the country? Try out DK Eyewitness Italy.