The ultimate trip planner, featuring over 190 amazing places in the UK and Ireland with details of the best times to visit, season-by-season.
Hike the West Highland Way, admire the splendour of Windsor Castle or explore the incredible Giant's Causeway safe in the knowledge that you are visiting at the very best time of year. Search by season or type of holiday, or simply flick through the pages for inspiration. With detailed practical information, this is the perfect companion for planning trips around England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland.
Inside Where to Go When: Great Britain and Ireland:
- The seasonal colour-coded design helps you find information quickly
- Experts suggest the best things to see and do in each destination, from enjoying the fun-fair style attractions on Brighton Pier to finding the craic at Dublin's St Patrick's Day celebrations
- Additional ideas for each season are organised into 6 themes, allowing you to search for places or experiences according to your interests
- Includes at-a-glance practical information on getting there, getting around, weather, accommodation and eating out
- Contains recommended places to eat and stay
- Colour photographs of every featured destination
- Covers Stratford-upon-Avon, the Lake District, the Isles of Scilly, Oxford, Snowdonia, the Norfolk Broads, Salcombe, the Orkney Islands, Bath, Edinburgh, York, Loch Lomond, Manchester, Stonehenge, the Brecon Beacons, Cairngorms, Cambridge, and many more
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's award-winning travel books take the work out of planning your next adventure, with inspirational images, tips, and information to enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.