Discover the most amazing places in the UK and Ireland and the best time to visit them.
Uncover ancient sites on the Orkney Islands, scale the heights of Scafell Pike or explore the incredible Giant's Causeway - whatever your dream adventure entails, Where to Go When Great Britain and Ireland ensures you make the most out of your trip.
Flick through the pages for travel inspiration, or narrow down your search by season or type of holiday. With detailed practical information on the best time to visit over 190 unmissable places, this is the perfect companion for planning trips around England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland.
Inside Where to Go When Great Britain and Ireland:
- The seasonal colour-coded design helps you find information quickly
- Experts suggest the best things to see and do in each destination
- Additional ideas for each season are organised into 6 themes, allowing you to search for places or experiences according to your interests
- Includes at-a-glance practical information on getting there, getting around, weather, accommodation and eating out
- Contains recommended places to eat and stay
- Colour photographs of every featured destination
- Covers Stratford-upon-Avon, the Lake District, the Isles of Scilly, Oxford, Snowdonia, the Norfolk Broads, Salcombe, the Orkney Islands, Bath, Edinburgh, York, Loch Lomond, Manchester, Stonehenge, the Brecon Beacons, Cairngorms, Cambridge, and many more
Looking for even more inspiration for your trip to Great Britain and Ireland? Try our DK Eyewitness guides to Great Britain, Scotland and Ireland.