Whether you want to explore Edinburgh Castle, drive the North Coast 500, or sample ancient malts, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Scotland has to offer.
Famed for its majestic mountains, moody moorlands and tranquil lochs, this richly varied hinterland is a joy for outdoor enthusiasts. Meanwhile, urban Scotland offers cutting-edge art galleries, lively nightlife and a flourishing food scene.
Our updated guide brings Scotland to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. Our updated 2023 travel guide brings to life. DK Eyewitness Scotland is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Scotland you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Scotland's must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Colour-coded chapters to every part of Scotland, from Edinburgh to Glasgow, Southern Scotland to the Highlands and Islands.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
- Covers: Edinburgh, Southern Scotland, Glasgow, Central and Northeast Scotland, The Highlands and Islands
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.