The cookbook that puts the fun back into healthy eating! This collection of delicious recipes not only teaches Canadian kids how to cook but also explains why healthy eating is important and how to make good choices when it comes to food.
Cooking is fun, but more importantly it is a fantastic skill that is useful to everyone for the rest of their lives! Each recipe has clear instructions and step-by-step photos, making it easy for young chefs to build confidence in the kitchen while preparing healthy meals for their family and friends to enjoy. Featuring information on the importance of a balanced diet, and interesting facts on nutrition, kitchen skills, and healthy cooking techniques, Kids' Fun and Healthy Cookbook is a great way to get kids excited about cooking in the kitchen!
- Over 100 recipes for tasty and healthy breakfasts, light meals, main meals, and desserts
- Easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step photos
- Dual metric and imperial measurements to suit Canadian kitchens
- Ideas for recipe variations
- Nutritional information on the different food groups including updates from the new Canada's Food Guide
- Food facts, helpful hints, and a glossary of cooking terminology and techniques