Fresh fruit brings a natural sweetness to any dish and goes wonderfully with spicy cinnamon, earthy nutmeg, and nutty quinoa. This easy dish is great for breakfast but can also be enjoyed as a snack or dessert.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 medium yellow peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1⁄2-in. cubes
- 8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blackberries
Steps for cooking Fresh Fruit with Quinoa Crumble
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine water and quinoa. Bring to a
boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until almost all
liquid is absorbed.
3. Turn off heat, and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins.
5. Transfer quinoa mixture to the prepared baking sheet, and spread out evenly.
Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Distribute peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
equally among 4 serving bowls. Top with equal parts of mixture, and serve
Get the bonus chapter for The Idiot's Guide Quinoa Cookbook