Welcome to Portugal, a sunseekers' paradise.
Whether you're looking for world-renowned beaches, serene hilltop villages, verdant islands, or captivating cities, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Portugal has to offer.
Small but immensely varied, Portugal offers countless opportunities for adventure. From the soaring mountains and volcanic craters of the Azores to the subtropical paradise of Madeira, there is plenty of natural beauty to be discovered. Urban Portugal is equally as unmissable; cutting-edge galleries, cool hangouts, thumping nightlife, and a thriving food scene make Lisbon and Porto two of Europe's trendiest cities.
Our annually updated guide brings Portugal to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
- our pick of Portugal's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of Portugal, from Lisbon to Porto, the Algarve to the Azores
- our new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Lisbon or the pocket-friendly DK Eyewitness Top 10 series with guides to Lisbon, Porto, the Algarve and the Azores.