With its beautiful gardens and scenic hiking trails, Madeira is all about getting out in the great outdoors, but this Portuguese archipelago also offers indoor comforts – think award-winning wine, tasty dishes and historic sights.
Make the most of your trip to this subtropical island with DK Eyewitness Top 10. Planning is a breeze with our simple lists of ten, covering the very best that Madeira has to offer and ensuring that you don’t miss a thing. Best of all, the pocket-friendly format is light and easily portable; the perfect companion while out and about.
Inside DK Eyewitness Top 10 Madeira you will find:
- Up-to-date information with insider tips and expert knowledge of the region.
- Top 10 lists of Madeira’s must-sees, including Monte, Blandy's Wine Lodge, Pico do Arieiro and Jardim Botânico.
- Madeira’s most interesting areas, with the best places for sightseeing, food and drink, and shopping.
- Themed lists, including the best beaches, wine outlets, historic buildings, levada walks and hiking trails, and much more.
- Easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week.
- A laminated pull-out map of Madeira, plus 5 full-colour area maps.
Looking for more on Madeira’s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Portugal.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.