Sun-soaked Madeira, steeped in tradition and culture, is a subtropical island known for its wines and beautiful gardens. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around the island of Madeira with absolute ease.
Our regularly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Madeira into helpful
lists of ten - from our own selected highlights to the museums and galleries, churches, restaurants, wine outlets, levada walks and, of course, beaches.
- Seven easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists of Madeira's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of Funchal Cathedral, Museu de Arte Sacra, Funchal, Blandy's Wine Lodge, Funchal, Museu da Quinta das Cruzes, Funchal, Zona Velha, Funchal, Jardim Botânico, Funchal, Quinta do Palheiro Ferreiro, Monte, Curral das Freiras and Pico do Arieiro
- Madeira's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing
- Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including festivals, beautiful gardens and things to do for free
- A laminated pull-out map of Madeira and its environs, plus five full-colour neighbourhood maps
- Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK's favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Portugal's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Portugal.