This landmark photographic encyclopedia of the animal kingdom is revised with new species, images, and the latest scientific knowledge on all things animal!
DK's Animal features stunning wildlife photography of more than 2,000 of the world's most important wild mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects, and other invertebrates, written by 70 natural history specialists. Each animal species comes with a description, photo, distribution map, and statistics, including its conservation status.
Whilst also explaining animal biology in beautiful visual detail, Animal contains a chapter of portraits of the different types of environments that animals inhabit. For anyone who wants a reliable and enthralling reference, in which you can find the answers to everything - from why zebras are striped to how the sunbear got its name - this awe-inspiring animal book is your go-to guide!
Step inside the pages of this amazing animal encyclopedia:
- A visual catalog containing descriptions of over 2,000 animal species, with distribution maps and striking photos.
- The catalog is organized into taxa (the groups of related species that scientists use to classify animals). Each taxon has an introduction explaining which animals belong to the group and what they have in common.
- Researched, written, and authenticated by a team of over 70 zoologists and naturalists from around the globe.
- Introductory chapter describes animal biology in beautiful visual detail.
- Habitats chapter provides visual portraits of the different types of environments that animals inhabit.
A must-have volume for animal lovers of all ages, whether you're a habitual viewer of wildlife documentaries, or an enthusiastic visitor of zoos and safari parks, Animal has something for everyone to explore and love, and is sure to delight!