The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this beautiful country.
Wander through the tangle of Venetian streets and squares in Piran, swim in the scenic Lake Bohinj or spend a couple of days in Slovenia's elegant capital, Ljubljana: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Slovenia with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Slovenia:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Slovenia, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Ljubljana Castle, the National Gallery, Predjama Castle, Škocjan Caves and more
- Colour photographs of Slovenia's Venetian-style coastal towns, Alpine mountains and rolling countryside, picture-postcard lakes - including the enchanting Lake Bled - and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Ljubljana (Old Town, New Town and Around the Centre), the Alps, Coastal Slovenia and the Karst, and Southern and Eastern Slovenia
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's history, landscape and wildlife, architecture, folk art and music, Slovenian art, love of skiing, and the festivals and events that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Slovenia is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Slovenia.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.