Embark on a fairy tale trip to the very heart of Europe
Whether you want to sail to beautiful Lake Bled, relax in stunning thermal spas or marvel at Ljubljana's art nouveau architecture, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Slovenia has to offer.
Straddling the Alps and the Adriatic, Slovenia is a treasure-trove of picture-perfect landscapes, immersive cultural events, historic landmarks and delicious food and wine. From scenic cities to alpine oases, sun-soaked beaches to verdant vineyards, the country's beauty is timeless, abundant and truly unforgettable.
Our recently updated guide brings Slovenia to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
- our pick of Slovenia's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks, which make navigating the country easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of Slovenia, from Ljubljana to the Alps, Coastal Slovenia to Southeast Slovenia
- new lightweight format so you can take it with you wherever you go
Touring the continent? Try our DK Eyewitness Europe.