Amid a beautiful network of historic waterways and supremely-elegant canal houses lies one of Europe's most cosmopolitan and forward thinking cities - Amsterdam is not only a historic gem, but also a culturally outstanding city offering some of the world's finest museums and art galleries, as well as a surfeit of excellent restaurants and trendy bars. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around Amsterdam with absolute ease.
Our newly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Amsterdam into helpful lists of ten - from our own selected highlights to the best historic buildings, places to eat, shops and festivals.
- 10 easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Amsterdam's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of Amsterdam's canals and waterways, at the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, Museum Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder, Begijnhof, the Amsterdam Museum, Oude Kerk, Museum Van Loon, Anne Frank House and Dam Square
- Amsterdam's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, dining and sightseeing
- Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including children's attractions, things to do for free and hidden-gems off the beaten track
- A laminated pull-out map of Amsterdam, plus eight colour area maps
- Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK's favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Amsterdam's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Amsterdam.