Discover history's significant events since 3000 BCE through a detailed and dynamic, book-long, timeline!
Unearth the events that shaped the world! Explore momentous discoveries, ingenious inventions, philosophy and religion, world cultures and nations, and important events in the context of their time, through a detailed book-long, timeline.
This world history book covers:
- Feature panels on events, people, and places throughout
- Feature spreads are of three easily recognisable types: maps, collections, and "story of"
- Cross-references build the bite-size pieces of information into a narrative
- Specially commissioned photography, maps, and illustrations
- Reference section gives overviews of key subjects such as leaders, battles, and discoveries
History Year by Year combines bite-sized information, eye-catching images, and clear maps to intrigue history buffs and students of history alike. The unique structure will give you a broad overview of different eras, the story about the people, and the nitty-gritty of key historical events. Inside this visual guide to history, you'll find everything from ancient Egypt, the rise of the Roman Empire, the Qing Dynasty to the Ottoman Empire, World War II, and space exploration.
The illustrated history guide sections the history of the world into spreads that focus on a specific culture, an explanation of the history of ground-breaking inventions, concepts, or trends. Then includes infographics to deliver facts and figures, while collections of artefacts give finer details of the historical societies. It's a wonderful history gift book for students or those who want a more visual depiction of world events.