With glacial ribbon lakes, wild windswept peaks and quaint little villages, the Lake District is a treasure trove of things to see and do. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around the Lake District with absolute ease.
Our Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of the Lake District into helpful lists of ten - from our own selected highlights to the best museums and galleries, places to eat, shops and cultural experiences.
- Five easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a two day or week-long trip
- Detailed Top 10 lists of the Lake District's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of Grasmere, Windermere, Kendal, Borrowdale, Ambleside, Langdale, Wordsworth's Lake District, Coniston Water, Wasdale and Keswick
- The Lake District's most interesting areas, with the best places for eating, hiking and swimming
Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including family activities, gardens, great journeys, as well as things to do for free
- A laminated pull-out map of the Lake District
- Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK's favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Great Britain's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Great Britain.