Looking for quick, delicious recipes to help you lose weight and feel great? Look no further. Discover four low-calorie, high-flavor weight loss bowls below to get inspired and support your diet. The best part? These bowls are easy to make, calorie-controlled, and offer healthy, tasty energy boosts. Read on to get started!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Under 600 calories
This creamy avocado dressing pairs beautifully with a spicy roasted vegetables and bean mixture.
70g (2¼oz) butternut squash, peeled
pinch of ground cinnamon
2 tsp olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1⁄4 red pepper, roughly chopped
5 cherry tomatoes
pinch of dried oregano
85g (3oz) sweetcorn
1⁄4 tsp white wine vinegar
handful of mint leaves, chopped
6 stems of ruby or regular chard
85g (3oz) cooked black-eyed beans
1⁄4 red chilli, sliced
a few herbs, such as coriander leaves (optional)
For the dressing:
1 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1⁄4 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C/Gas 6). Mix the squash, cinnamon, and 1 tsp of the olive oil in a roasting tin, seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss the red pepper with a trickle of olive oil before adding it to the tin, then roast for 15–20 minutes.
2. Toss the cherry tomatoes, oregano and a trickle of olive oil in a bowl, then add them, along with the sweetcorn, to the roasting tin for the last 10 minutes of cooking time. Remove the pan from the oven, transfer to a bowl, mix in the white wine vinegar and mint leaves, and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, steam the chard for 4 minutes or until tender, then roughly chop. Gently warm the black-eyed beans, and toss with the chard.
4. Make the dressing by mashing the avocado, Greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon the bean mixture into a serving bowl, then add the roasted vegetables. Spoon on the dressing and scatter with the red chilli and the herbs (if using).
Start with the black-eyed beans, then add in butternut squash, tomatoes, sweetcorn and red pepper. Finish with red chilli, mint leaves, avocado dressing and herbs.
Hungry for more? Get inspired with one of the delicious weight loss bowls below.
Diverse colors and textures surround umami-ﬁlled beef and red cabbage in this feast for the eyes and the appetite. Plus, it's dairy-free and under 600 calories.
Roasting cauliﬂower gives it a nutty sweetness; when chopped, it makes a low-carb alternative to couscous, all in less than 600 calories.
A sweet marinade adds great ﬂavors to the pork and creates a wonderfully tender and delicious bowl. And to sweeten the deal even further, this bowl is dairy-free, gluten-free and under 300 calories.
Bowls are a delicious way to lose weight and eat healthy, but they can also be laden with hidden calories. Every recipe in 100 Weight Loss Bowls comes in at under 400, under 500, or under 600 calories. The book is clearly labeled to allow you to easily build a meal plan each day that meets your daily target for gradual and sustained weight loss. The recipes are inspired by the very latest bowl food trends, such as pho, grain, smoothie, rice, poke, acai, and Buddha bowls. They are all color-coded with calorie bands, so you can easily find a nutritious, balanced bowl that suits you.