Kebabs are fun and easy meals or snacks to make for summertime for parties! Learn how to make four different types of kebabs with these recipes. Once kids become pros with these combinations, they can experiment with different ingredients and sauces for a customizable favorite!
Download this step-by-step guide to help make kebabs in no time with these delicious and easy recipes.
For the chicken satay kebab, use this satay sauce recipe (featured on another page in the book).
1 ½ onions
1 ½-inch cube of fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves
¼ cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
⅔ cup water
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
Juice of 2 limes
- Peel the onion and chop it very finely.
- Peel the ginger and grate it coarsely.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Cook the onion gently for three minutes (or until soft). Add the ginger and garlic, and let everything cook for a few more minutes. Let the mixture cool.
- Put all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk.
This recipe is taken from Complete Children’s Cookbook, an easy-to-follow book of recipes that features the basics of cooking and keeps everything clear and simple. With over 150 delicious recipes to make, from light bites to perfect pies, young chefs will be able to make, bake, and create some of their favorite meals.