Go to the Golden Gate and beyond, uncovering the secrets and sights of San Fran with a guide that's like having a local in your pocket
Whether you're a San Franciscan looking to find your city's best-kept secrets or a first-time traveler seeking an authentic experience from a local's perspective, this stylish guide makes sure you discover the real side of this vibrant city.
This one-of-a-kind travel guide to San Francisco includes:
- Two-color, bold modern design with contemporary illustrations throughout
- Narrative style throughout, making the local, personal voice central to every entry
- Structured by six themes and subsequent sub-themes, rather than areas, to echo how people are traveling, rather than where. Themes include Eat, Drink, Shop, and more!
- Each entry includes its unique address so readers can pinpoint precisely where they are heading
- Each theme ends with a tour spread, dedicated to a specific interest or experience. For example, "The Perfect Day in Golden Gate Park" and "A Morning of Art and Design in Dogpatch"
- Created keeping in mind readers traveling in a post-Covid world
Don't miss out on any of the sights
With waterfront esplanades, cable cars, alternative art galleries, and a nightlife scene like no other, San Fran is ready and waiting to charm you - just remember to wear layers! Go beyond the Golden Gate Bridge and Pier 39 and unearth the secret side of the city. Who better to guide you to it than locals?
From the bakeries and ice cream parlors to vinyl record stores and indie galleries, this San Francisco guidebook will help you find all the local's favorite hangout spots and hidden haunts. Browse thrift stores for vintage gems in Haight-Ashbury, join free yoga classes in Golden Gate Park, and tuck into Mexican cuisine at tiny hole-in-the-wall joints in The Mission.
More in the series
From New York and London to Paris and Tokyo, there are more places to discover with these niche local guides! Written by the people who call it home, the Like A Local series from DK takes you beyond the tourist track to experience the heart and soul of each city!