DK Eyewitness Road Trips Italy
Published by DK Eyewitness Travel
About DK Eyewitness Road Trips Italy
Stretching from the snow-capped mountain ranges in the north to the sun-baked beaches and scirocco-scorched towns of the south, Italy is an ideal destination for a road trip. It's yours to explore with Road Trips Italy, containing 24 wonderful drives across the country, from the quiet medieval town of Orta San Giulio and its island, Isola di San Giulio, to the moody, volcanic hillsides surrounding the city of Rome.
Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals Italy at its best: spectacular sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences. DK Eyewitness Road Trips Italy is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Road Trips Italy you will find:
- 25 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days, including the vineyards of Chianti, the gastronomic pleasures of Umbria and the emerald coasts of Sardinia
- A laminated pull-out road map of Italy helps you navigate with ease
- Ideas for discovering the character of each area en route: great views, delightful detours along peaceful back roads, walks through historic towns and villages, wine tours and boat trips, and activities such as hiking, cycling and kayaking.
- Best local experiences with our pick of the most authentic places to stay, eat and shop
- All the Italian rules of the road, postcodes for use with satnav and detailed directions for easy navigation, information on road conditions and parking tips
Looking for even more inspiration for your trip to Italy? Try our DK Eyewitness Italy.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.