Take your time with Road Trips Great Ireland and discover 25 leisurely drives through the island's brooding hills, tranquil loughs and emerald-green fields.
Driving through Ireland is the perfect way to appreciate the fantastic diversity of this relatively small island - its rolling glens, sandy beaches and rocky peninsulas, and lonely swathes of blanket bog. Packed with practical information, detailed maps and inspiring ideas, the driving tours in Road Trips Ireland will lead you gently to the sights and sounds of the real Ireland.
Inside Road Trips Ireland:
- 25 easy-to-follow scenic driving tours, each lasting one to five days
- A laminated pull-out road map of Ireland helps you navigate with ease
- Information on the rules of the road in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- Postcodes for use with GPS, plus useful advice on road conditions, speed limits and parking
- Hotels, restaurants, shops and pubs where you can enjoy the thriving food and music scenealong with a glass of Guinness or a dram of malt whiskey
- Best experiences along each route: get active on walks, boat trips, bike rides and hikes; or discover fine art, elegant country houses and ancient Celtic culture
Looking for a comprehensive guide to the whole country? Try our annually updated DK Eyewitness Ireland.
About DK Eyewitness: Our Road Trips take the work out of planning a driving tour, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.