Discover secluded coves, steaming volcanoes and storybook villages.
Whether you want to visit Palermo's cutting-edge galleries, explore mysterious ancient ruins in Segesta or hike the craterous trails around majestic Mount Etna, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Sicily has to offer.
Rising out of shimmering cyan seas, sun-kissed Sicily and its satellite islands are some of the most beautiful in the Mediterranean. An endless coastline of rugged cliffs and sandy beaches encircles a landscape of rolling farmland, dramatic salt pans and windswept mountains.
Our newly updated guide brings Sicily to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the islands' iconic buildings and neighborhoods.
- our pick of Sicily's must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the islands easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of Sicily, from Palermo to Catania, Taormina to Syracuse
Touring the country? Try our DK Eyewitness Italy.