A strikingly unique city - Istanbul's fascinating past is evident in its phenomenal array of historic churches, mosques and palaces, while its lively arts scene, trendy cocktail bars and excellent selection of restaurants reveal the city's modern-day vibrancy. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around Istanbul with absolute ease.
Our newly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Istanbul into helpful lists of ten - from our own selected highlights to the best museums and galleries, places to eat, shops and festivals.
- Eight easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Istanbul's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of the TopkapI Palace, the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the Archaeological Museum, the Grand Bazaar, the Süleymaniye Mosque Complex, the Church of St Saviour in Chora, the Çemberlitas baths, the Dolmabahçe Palace and on a Bosphorus river cruise
- Istanbul's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, dining, and sightseeing
- Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including children's activities and things to do for free
- A laminated pull-out map of Istanbul, plus six color area maps
- Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Istanbul's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Istanbul.