DK Eyewitness Tokyo
Published by DK Eyewitness Travel
About DK Eyewitness Tokyo
A sprawling metropolis where the past and future collide.
Whether you want to watch traditional Japanese theatre, sample Michelin-starred cuisine or take an unforgettable trip to Mount Fuji, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Tokyo has to offer.
A city that blends tradition seamlessly with the ultra-modern, visitors to Tokyo can be strolling amidst serene shrines and peaceful zen gardens one minute and surrounded by futuristic skyscrapers, rowdy karaoke bars and neon-lit arcades the next.
Our newly updated guide brings Tokyo to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed information on all the must-see sights, inspiring photography and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of Tokyo's must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of Tokyo, from Western Tokyo to Northern Tokyo, Central Tokyo to further afield
- our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Want the best of Tokyo in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Tokyo.