A cosmopolitan, vibrant and modern city with strong ties to its extraordinarily rich history-Mumbai has some of India's finest museums, a beautiful sea-front promenade, exceptional colonial-era architecture, spectacular ancient temples hewn into caves and an incredible culinary scene. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around Mumbai with absolute ease.
Our newly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Mumbai into helpful lists of ten-from our own selected highlights to the best museums and galleries, places to eat, markets and festivals.
- Seven easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Mumbai's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of the Gateway of India, Kala Ghoda, the Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Marine Drive, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Dr Bhau Daji Lad Museum, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the Bandstand and the Elephanta Caves
- Mumbai's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
- Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including children's attractions, things to do for free and hidden gems off the beaten path
- A laminated pull-out map of Mumbai, plus five color area maps
- Street-smart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
Looking for more on Mumbai's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness India.