Take to the open road with Back Roads Great Britain and discover 25 leisurely drives through the country's beautiful villages and stunning landscapes.
Explore the spectacular scenery of the Lake District, follow a whisky trail through the Highlands or discover picturesque coastal villages in Cornwall. Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals incredible sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences that can only be discovered by road.
Inside Back Roads Great Britain:
- A free laminated pull-out road map of Great Britain helps you navigate with ease
- 25 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days
- Guided walks take you through Great Britain's historic towns and villages
- Experts suggest the best off-road activities in each area, from whisky trails to watersports
- Contains essential travel tips, including our pick of where to stay, eat and shop, plus useful travel, visa and health information
- Covers all the UK rules of the road
- Includes postcodes for use with GPS, plus information on road conditions and parking tips
- Covers Cornwall, Devon, the Jurassic Coast, Salisbury, Bath, Glastonbury, the Cotswolds, the Chilterns, the South Downs, Brighton, Kent, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, the Brecon Beacons, West Wales, Snowdonia, Offa's Dyke, the Peak District, Yorkshire, the Lake District, Northumbria, Edinburgh, Rosslyn Chapel, Fife, the Scottish Highlands, the Scottish Lochs, Aberdeen, Inverness, and more
Staying for longer and looking for a more comprehensive guide to Great Britain? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Great Britain.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's award-winning Back Roads guide books take the work out of planning a road trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.