DK Eyewitness travel guides: award-winning guidebooks
Find your corner of Washington, DC with this essential travel guide to this great city, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you there before you've even packed your case - learn about the nation's history at the Lincoln Memorial, enjoy the view from the Washington Monument, or explore the exhibits at the National Gallery of Art. The DK Eyewitness Guide to Washington, DC covers the must-see sights and the hidden corners, so you won't miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love Washington, DC: world-class museums, the magnificent National Mall, watching government in action, cherry trees in bloom - what will yours be?
- See Washington, DC from a different angle - 18 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A year-long calendar of events in Washington, DC gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information and Metro map
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- Detailed, color maps help you navigate the city with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views, and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route.
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including the United States Capitol, the White House, Washington National Cathedral, and Thomas Jefferson's Monticello
- Covers Capitol Hill, the Mall, South of the Mall, Penn Quarter, the White House and Foggy Bottom, the Northwest, Georgetown, beyond the centre, and sights beyond the city.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Washington, DC is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Washington, DC guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. This year they have been given a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.