Take to the open road with Back Roads California and discover 24 leisurely drives through the state's idyllic hamlets, gorgeous beaches, and sprawling vineyards.
Tour the Pacific Coast Highway, explore the vineyards of the Napa Valley, or drive through Yosemite National Park. Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals incredible sights, hidden gems, and authentic local experiences that can be discovered only by road.
Inside Back Roads California:
- A free laminated pull-out road map of California helps you navigate with ease
- 24 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days
- Guided walks take you through California's pretty villages, historic towns, and national parks
- Experts suggest the best off-road activities in each area, from wine tours to water sports
- Contains essential travel tips, including our pick of where to stay, eat, and shop, plus useful travel, visa, and health information
- Covers all the US rules of the road
- Includes zip codes for use with GPS, plus information on road conditions and parking tips - Covers San Francisco, Sacramento Delta, Marin County, Napa Valley, Russian River Valley, Sonoma Coast, Anderson Valley, Redwood National and State Parks, Cascade Mountains, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, Lake Tahoe, Sierra Nevada, Yosemite National Park, Kings Canyon National Parks, Owens Valley, Death Valley National Park, Mojave Desert, Palm Springs, Coachella Valley, Rim of the World Scenic Byway, San Diego, and more
Staying for longer and looking for a more comprehensive guide to California? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide California.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's award-winning Back Roads guidebooks take the work out of planning a road trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.