Switzerland is small in size, big on experience
Whether you want to hit the slopes, join the Swiss in their national pastime of hut-to-hut hiking or take a scenic railway journey of a lifetime, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Switzerland has to offer.
Awash with magical sights and exhilarating activities, Switzerland's small size is hidden with its beguiling charms. In a single day, visitors can encounter breathtaking glaciers, high altitude lakes and iconic mountains - and still be back in time for fondue and schnapps.
Our newly updated guide brings Switzerland to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed information on all the must-see sights, inspiring photography and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of Switzerland's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the country easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of Switzerland, from Bern to Zürich, Valais to Geneva
- our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go.