1. No purchase necessary to enter the photo competition.
2. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of Dorling Kindersley Limited (the Promoters), their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entrants must tweet their entry to be entered into the competition from 00.01 on 3rd July 2017 to 23.59 on 23rd July 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter you must use @dkbooks and #onmybike, attaching a picture with a bicycle theme via Twitter.
6. All completed entries will be shown to the DK Knowledge Editor who will judge the pictures on their suitability to the cycling theme. The winner will be announced via Twitter and Instagram on 24th July 2017.
7. The prize for one winner will be the Complete Bike Owner’s Manual (RRP £14.99), The Bicycle Book (RRP £20), Bike Repair Manual (RRP £9.99) . Prizes subject to stock and availability. If the chosen prize is out of stock they will have an opportunity to choose other books in the DK cycling range that are equal to the same value.
8. Dorling Kindersley Limited cannot accept responsibility for or liability arising from participants taking part in the Competition or for taking up or use of the prize.
9. Prize is subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
11. The winner will be notified via Twitter and must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these.
12. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading within 4 weeks after the closing date.
13. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
14. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity. The winners agree to allow their photo entry to be featured in DK social media and on the DK.com website.
15. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
16. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter is Dorling Kindersley Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
18. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.