Contest Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
2. This contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada (excluding Québec), Australia and the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over or who have reached the age of majority in their respective country, province or state, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, its parent company, subsidiary, affiliates or other parties in any way involved in the development, production or distribution of this competition, as well as their immediate family and household members of each such employee.
3. The competition launches at 12:00 a.m. GMT on Monday, 3rd October 2016.
4. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. GMT on Monday, 3rd April 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. To enter send us your LEGO idea. Email a photo of your LEGO build and a short description of no more than 100 words, along with personal details, including name, age, country of residence and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line stating your name and the name of your activity.
7. All correctly completed entries will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of DK editors. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judges is the best entry in terms of creativity, quality and originality.
8. The grand prize winner (1) will receive a years’ worth of DK LEGO books. - The winner will be sent a LEGO book on or around the 15th of every month for 12 months starting from 15th April 2017 and ending on 15th March 2018. The approximate retail value of the prize is £220 or USD $300.
9. Dorling Kindersley Limited cannot accept responsibility for or liability arising from participants taking part in the competition or for taking up or use of the prize.
10. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
11. All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
13. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will hold the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Such distribution of the entry may include but not be limited to publishing some of the entries as a short list on dk.com and allowing other press outlets to publish them too. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation –at the request of DK -- to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
15. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the contest in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
16. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the contest, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this contest, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this contest and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
17. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
18. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, attempting to tamper with the operation of the contest, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
19. By entering the contest - each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
20. The Promoter is Dorling Kindersley Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.