Terms & Conditions
1. No purchase necessary.
2. This offer is open to those aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of Dorling Kindersley Limited (the Promoter), their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion who are based in the UK and Ireland only.
3. Entries must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person per academic school year. Multiple entries will be allow per school as long as the entrant can prove they have reached different people to the person applicant. Excessive entries from one school/institute will be deemed invalid and books will not be sent out. The giveaway is capped to the first 50 teachers who recommend DKfindout! each academic year and once this maximum has been reached we will not be sending any more prizes out until the new academic year (September to September in the UK).
5. To enter you send proof of your recommendation, how many pupils you have reached, the name of your school and which DK book you would like worth no more than £30 RRP.
6. All correctly completed entries will receive a book of their choice once the proof of recommendation has been received and reviewed by DK.
7. The prize for the winner will be a book of their choice from the DK catalogue which is in print and worth no more than £30.
8. Dorling Kindersley Limited cannot accept responsibility for or liability arising from participants taking part in the Competition or for taking up or use of the prize.
9. Prize is subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
11. The entrant will be notified via email and must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these
12. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
13. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
14. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. By entering this competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter is Dorling Kindersley Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
17. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.