Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this cultured and unique nation.
Explore the magnificent Forbidden City at the heart of Beijing, climb the Great Wall of China, see the fascinating Terracotta Army near Xi'an, admire the futuristic skylines of Shanghai and Hong Kong, or marvel at the beauty of China's natural landscapes: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of China with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide China:
- Over 65 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of China, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of the Temple of Heaven, Longmen Caves, Shanghai Museum, Jiayuguan Fort, Aba Khoja Mausoleum and more
- Colour photographs of China's temples, palaces, pagodas, rivers and mountains
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about history, festivals, rituals, values, beliefs and traditions
- Experience the culture with features on the history of the pagoda, traditional Chinese gardens, regional food, calligraphy, porcelain, Buddhism, kung fu and tai chi, ethnic peoples and regional crafts
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Beijing; Hebei, Tianjin and Shanxi; Shandong and Henan; Shaanxi; Shanghai; Jiangsu and Anhui; Zhejiang and Jiangxi; Hunan and Hubei; Fujian; Guangdong and Hainan; Hong Kong and Macau; Sichauan and Chongqing; Yunnan; Guizhou and Guangxi; Liaoning, Jilin and Heilongjiang; Inner Mongolia and Ningxia; Gansu and Quinghai; Xinjiang; and Tibet
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide China is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to China.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a city break to Beijing, Shanghai or Hong Kong? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Beijing and Shanghai, Top 10 Travel Guide Beijing or Top 10 Travel Guide Hong Kong.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.