The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vibrant city.
Stroll around Old Madrid, the historic heart of the city, marvel at the great works of art in the Museo del Prado or relax in Real Jardín Botánico: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Madrid with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Madrid:
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Madrid, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Palacio Real, Museo del Prado, Museo Reina Sofía, El Escorial and more
- Colour photographs of Madrid's traditional Old Town, palaces, museums, churches, parks and gardens, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Old Town, New Town, Port and Speicherstadt, St Pauli, Altona, around the Alster and sights beyond the city centre
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the city's history, architecture, museums and galleries, parks and gardens, media, famous residents and the festivals that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Madrid is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Madrid.