The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this cultured and beautiful nation.
Discover the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula, see the best of Maori and New Zealand art at the galleries of Auckland, hike the spectacular Tongariro Alpine Crossing, kayak in the crystal-clear waters in the Abel Tasman National Park, go adventure-crazy in Queenstown or thread your way along the narrow waterways of remote Fjordland: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of New Zealand with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide New Zealand:
- Over 25 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of New Zealand, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Auckland War Memorial Museum, Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Waitomo Caves area, Whakarewarewa Thermal Area, Christchurch's Botanic Gardens, Arthur's Pass National Park, Dunedin Railway Station and more
- Colour photographs of New Zealand's coastline, fjords, cities and mountains
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Auckland, the Northland, the Central North Island, Wellington and the South, Marlborough and Nelson, Canterbury and the West Coast, and Otago and Southland
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's history, festivals, rituals, values, beliefs and traditions
- Experience the culture with features on New Zealand's architecture, Maori culture and art, artists and writers, farming, and wines
- Essential travel tips - our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide New Zealand is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to New Zealand.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Touring Australia too? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Australia.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.