The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Canada.
Marvel at the magnificent thundering waterfalls of Niagara Falls, hike through spectacular scenery in Banff National Park or spend some time in the city of Toronto: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Canada with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Canada:
- Over 35 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Canada, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Niagara Falls, the Olympic Park, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, the National Gallery of Canada and more
- Colour photographs of Canada's astounding landscape, from snow-capped mountains to the rocky desert, alpine lakes to rugged coastlines, plus scenic towns and cities
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover New Foundland and Labrador; New Bruswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia; Montreal; Quebec City and the St Lawrence River; Southern and Northern Quebec; Toronto; Ottawa and Eastern Ontario; the Great Lakes; Central Canada; Vancouver and Vancouver Island; the Rocky Mountains; Southern and Northern British Columbia; and Northern Canada
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about Canada's history and the people that shaped it - from the Aboriginal Peoples to the French; art, literature and music; the country's love of sport; and festivals and events
- Experience the culture with features on dinosaurs and prehistoric Canada, the Canadian Mounties, Inuit art and culture, the ancient maple forests and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Canada is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Canada.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Toronto or Top 10 Montreal and Quebec City guides.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.