Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring the Czech and Slovak Republics.
Indulge in the country's famous beer at the historic brewing history of Plzen, wander the medieval alleyways of Ceský Krumlov, admire the magnificently Gothic Karlštejn Castle or explore the museums and buoyant theatre scene of Brno: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Czech and Slovak Republics with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Czech and Slovak Republics:
- Over 35 colour maps, plus road maps of both countries, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Czech and Slovak Republics, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans detail the Czech Republic's most iconic sights, including the world-famous Charles Bridge and St Vitus's Cathedral in Prague, the imposing Karlštejn Castle, Plzen's Cathedral of St Bartholomew, the hilltop castle of Špilberk in Brno; plus Slovakia's St Martin's Cathedral in Bratislava, romantic Bojnice Castle and distinguished Town Hall in Levoca; and more
- Colour photographs of both country's vibrant cities, historic churches and castles, medieval towns, incredible architecture, picturesque countryside and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover the Czech Republic, including Prague - Hradcany and Malá Strana, Stare Mesto and Josefov, Nove Mesto - Central Bohemia, South Bohemia, West Bohemia, North Bohemia, East Bohemia, North Moravia and Silesia, and South Moravia; plus Slovakia, including Bratislava, West Slovakia, Central Slovakia and East Slovakia
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about both countries' common history, social heritage, iconic architecture, diverse cuisine, festivals and events, thermal springs and baths, winemaking tradition and more
- Experience the Czech Republic with features on its landscape and wildlife, religious architecture, music, art and decorative arts, literature and film; experience Slovakia with features on landscape and wildlife, Slovak architecture, and a tour of the Slovenský kras
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Czech and Slovak Republics is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to the Czech and Slovak Republics.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a city break to the Czech capital? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Prague.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.