Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this captivating country
Admire the stunning frescoes of Rila Monastery, explore eclectic architecture in historic Sofia, take in the mountain scenery of the Iskûr Gorge or visit the buzzing resort town of Varna: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Bulgaria with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Bulgaria:
- Over 25 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out city map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Bulgaria, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the Rila Monastery, Aleksandür Nevski Memorial Church, Bachkovo Monastery and more
- Colour photographs of Bulgaria's architecture, spectacular monasteries, historic castles, vibrant coastline, mountain ranges, traditional folk costumes, Roman fortresses, charming villages and more
- Experience Bulgaria: learn about this country's complex history, folk heritage, religion, rich architecture, dramatic landscape and diverse wildlife, festivals and traditions, winemaking heritage, ski resorts and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Sofia; Southern Bulgaria including Bansko, Pirin National Park and Plovdiv; Northern Bulgaria including Chiprovtsi, Pleven and Ruse; Central Bulgaria including Veliko Tûrnovo and the Valley of the Roses; and the Black Sea Coast
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Bulgaria is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Bulgaria.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore beyond Bulgaria? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Eastern and Central Europe.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.