Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring England's spectacular South Coast.
Experience the dark and brooding landscape of Dartmoor, laze on golden sandy beaches on the Jurassic coast or enjoy a day out at the seaside in Brighton: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of England's South Coast with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide England's South Coast:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of England's South Coast, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations show in detail St Paul's Cathedral, the Eden Project, St Michael's Mount, Salisbury Cathedral, Brighton's Royal Pavilion and more
- Colour photographs of England's stunning coastline, rugged moorland, quaint cottages, impressive cathedrals, colourful seaside towns and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover London, Kent and Sussex, Hampshire and Salisbury Plain, Dorset and Somerset, Devon and Cornwall
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the region's history, politics and society; art and culture; varied architecture; distinctly English gardens; coastal wildlife; and festivals and events
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide England's South Coast is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to England's South Coast.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore more? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Great Britain guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.