The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this unique and captivating country.
Explore Amsterdam's canals on a boat trip, cycle around the Kinderdijk to spy vintage windmills, wander through colourful tulip blossoms at the Keukenhof flower gardens or admire the lavish Paleis Het Loo: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Netherlands with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide The Netherlands:
- Over 35 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Netherlands, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of icons such as Amsterdam's Gothic Oude Kerk and iconic Rijksmuseum, the Hague's art-filled Mauritshuis, elegant Paleis Het Loo and more
- Colour photographs of the Netherlands' canal-strewn cities including quirky Amsterdam and medieval Utrecht, quaint towns, historic sights, colourful tulip fields, iconic windmills, sandy beaches and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's maritime history, unique culture, ubiquitous dams, traditional farmhouses and windmills, world-famous artists, beautiful pottery and tiles, tulip fields, traditional festivals and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Amsterdam, including Oude Zijde, Nieuwe Zijde, the Canal Ring and the Museum Quarter; North Holland; Utrecht; South Holland; Zeeland; West Frisian Islands; Groningen; Friesland; Drenthe; Overijssel; Flevoland; Gelderland; North Brabant; Limburg and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide The Netherlands is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this charming country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Amsterdam.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.