The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this historic city.
Explore historic North End - Boston's oldest neighbourhood - admire the city's skyline from Back Bay Fens parkland, stroll around the university campuses of Harvard and MIT or people-watch at Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Boston with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Boston:
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Boston, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the imposing Massachusetts State House, elegant Trinity Church, extensive Museum of Fine Arts, leafy Harvard Yard and more
- Colour photographs of Boston's historic sights, impressive architecture, renowned museums and galleries, illustrious universities, beautiful parks and gardens, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Beacon Hill and West End; Old Boston and the Financial District; North End and the Waterfront; Chinatown and the Theatre District; Back Bay and South End; and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of Boston, including its central role in the American Revolution; the city's architecture and world-famous museums; eminent Bostonians; its lavish theatre district; festivals and events; and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Boston is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Boston.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning to explore more of America? Try DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.