The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this ancient country.
Explore ancient Athens and its mighty Acropolis, discover priceless treasures at Thessaloniki's Archaeological Museum, relax in the unspoilt wilderness of Olympos National Parks or spy spectacular scenery at Vikos Gorge: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Greece, Athens and the Mainland with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Greece, Athens and the Mainland:
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of Athens, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Athens and the Mainland, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans detail icons such as the world-famous Pantheon, Ancient Corinth, the fortified palace complex of Mycenae and more
- Colour photographs of Greece's ancient sights, historic cities, picturesque towns and villages, incredible architecture, beautiful beaches and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's fascinating history, welcoming culture, beautiful landscape, ancient wonders, traditional and religious festivals, delicious cuisine and more
- Experience the culture with features on Byzantine architecture; gods, goddesses and heroes; the Trojan War; Greek writers and philosophers; temple architecture; vases and vase painting; and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Athens, the Peloponnese, central and western Greece, and northern Greece
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Greece, Athens and the Mainland is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this iconic country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Athens guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.