"The Canary Islands are well represented on many websites,but the best source for information was the DK Eyewitness Travel Guide site (www.traveldk.com), which we used all the time."
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring these beautiful and diverse islands.
Whether you want to relax on Fuerteventura's sandy beaches, hike along lush mountain trails on La Palma, explore the historic town of Las Palmas on Gran Canaria or ride a cable car to the top of Tenerife's Teide: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Canary Islands with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Canary Islands:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Canary Islands, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations depict sights such as the charming Casa de Colón, animal-filled Loro Parque, volcanic Parque Nacional de la Caldera de Taburiente and more
- Colour photographs of the Canary Islands' colourful settlements, beautiful beaches, volcanic landscape, unique wildlife and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about these islands' volcanic origins, unique history and culture, flora and fauna, marine life, local crafts, traditional carnivals, delicious tapas, renowned rum, water and outdoor sports, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover each island, including Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Tenerife, La Gomera, El Hierro, La Palma
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Canary Islands is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to these incredible Spanish islands.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore more of Spain? Try the DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Spain.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.