Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vibrant city.
Follow in the footsteps of emperors in the grounds of the Imperial Palace, take in jaw-dropping views from the top of the Tokyo SkyTree or explore the historic streets of Yanaka: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Tokyo with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Tokyo:
- Over 15 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Tokyo, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Ueno Park, Tokyo National Museum, Senso-ji Temple, Nikko's Tosho-Gu Shrine and more
- Colour photographs of Tokyo's historic sights, incredible architecture, lively districts, museums, temples, parks and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Central Tokyo, Northern Tokyo, Western Tokyo, Farther Afield and Beyond Tokyo
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the city's history, architecture, theatre and martial arts, and discover the festivals that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Tokyo is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Tokyo.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore more of Japan? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Japan.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.