Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
Take to the open road with Back Roads Germany and discover 24 leisurely drives through the country's beautiful villages and stunning landscapes.
Tour the Rheinhessen region, explore the winding roads of the Baltic Coast or discover the remote valleys of the Black Forest. Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals incredible sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences that can only be discovered by road.
Inside Back Roads Germany:
- A free laminated pull-out road map of Germany helps you navigate with ease
- 24 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to seven days
- Guided walks take you through Germany's historic towns and villages
- Experts suggest the best off-road activities in each area, from wine tours to bicycle trails
- Contains essential travel tips, including our pick of where to stay, eat and shop, plus useful travel, visa and health information
- Covers all the German rules of the road
- Includes postcodes for use with GPS, plus information on road conditions and parking tips
- Covers Bremen, Lübeck, Stralsund, Wismar, Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Potsdam, Buckow, Münster, Goslar, Weimar, Dresden, Limburg an der Lahn, Trier, Koblenz, Oppenheim, Bamberg, Neuburg an der Donau, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Augsburg, Baden-Baden, Freiburg, Ulm, Konstanz, Lindau and more
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Germany? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Germany.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's award-winning Back Roads guide books take the work out of planning a road trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.