Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
Take to the open road with Back Roads Australia and discover 22 leisurely drives through the country's coastal towns and stunning landscapes.
Tour the Great Ocean Road, admire the rock formations of Kata Tjuta and travel through the vineyards of the Hunter Valley. Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals incredible sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences that can only be discovered by road.
Inside Back Roads Australia:
- A free laminated pull-out road map of Australia helps you navigate with ease
- 22 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days
- Guided walks take you through Australia's prettiest towns
- Experts suggest the best off-road activities in each area, from wine tours to watersports
- Contains essential travel tips, including our pick of where to stay, eat and shop, plus useful travel, visa and health information
- Covers all the Australian rules of the road
- Includes postcodes for use with GPS, plus information on road conditions and parking tips
- Covers Mission Beach, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Port Arthur Historic Site, Adelaide, Darwin, Territory Wildlife Park, Alice Springs, Kata Tjuta, Perth, Cape Range National Park, Boulder, Cape Arid National Park, Port Augusta and more
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Australia? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Australia.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's award-winning Back Roads guide books take the work out of planning a road trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.