The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this lively city.
Browse the shops, craft booths and market stalls of the French Market, ride the historic St. Charles Avenue Streetcar or explore Creole history on Royal Street: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of New Orleans with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide New Orleans:
- Over 25 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of New Orleans, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Steamboat Natchez, Historic New Orleans Collection, St. Louis Cathedral, Cabildo and Presbytère, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, New Orleans Museum of Art and more
- Colour photographs of the colourful colonial architecture, parks and gardens, riverboats and streetcars, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Bourbon Street; Royal Street; Upper French Quarter; Lower French Quarter, Marigny and Treme; Warehouse and Central Business Districts; Garden District and Uptown; Mid-City; and sights beyond New Orleans
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of New Orleans, jazz scene, Mardi Gras, multicultural population, architecture and iconic ironwork, famous New Orleanians - including Louis Armstrong - and festivals and events
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide New Orleans is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to New Orleans.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a shorter trip? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 New Orleans guide
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.