Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this diverse continent.
Submerge yourself in history at the Tower of London, stroll through the gardens of a French château, brush up on art at the Museums of Amsterdam, marvel at Gaudi's stunning architecture in Barcelona or take a quiet moment at Florence's duomo: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Europe with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Europe:
- Over 50 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Europe, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations detail famous sights such as Barcelona's Sagrada Família, Chartres Cathedral, Lisbon's Mosteiro dos Jéronimos and more
- Colour photographs of the continent's bustling cities, picturesque towns, dramatic mountains, spectacular coastlines, historic castles and more
- Detailed chapters, with country or regional maps, cover Great Britain; Ireland; France; Belgium and Luxembourg; the Netherlands; Spain; Portugal; Italy; Greece; Germany; Austria; Switzerland; Sweden; Norway; Denmark; Finland; Czech Republic; Hungary; and Poland
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the continent's fascinating history, varied cuisines, spectacular art and architecture, impressive landscapes, vibrant festivals and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Europe is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Europe.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guides to Paris, London, Berlin, Rome or Barcelona.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.