Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this evocative region.
Tour the fascinating sites of Jerusalem's Old City, sample eclectic Israeli cuisine in vibrant Tel Aviv or soak in the salty waters of the Dead Sea: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Holy Land with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Jerusalem, Israel, Petra and Sinai:
- Over 25 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of Jerusalem, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Holy Land, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Dome of the Rock, Jerusalem Archaeological Park, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Mount of Olives, the Israel Museum, Church of the Nativity, the astounding tombs and temples at Petra, and more
- Colour photographs of ancient archaeological sites, religious buildings, cliff-hugging monasteries, beauty spots, picturesque vistas and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Jerusalem (the Muslim Quarter, the Jewish Quarter, the Christian and Armenian Quarters, the Mount of Olives and Mount of Zion, Modern Jerusalem), the Coast and Galilee, the Dead Sea and Negev Desert, Petra and Western Jordan, and the Red Sea and Sinai
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the complex history of the region, religions and religious sites, celebrated visitors to the Holy Land, the landscape and wildlife, and festivals and events that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful Hebrew phrases, transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Jerusalem, Israel, Sinai and Petra is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to the Holy Land.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Israel and Petra guide
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.