Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this breathtakingly beautiful country.
Zipline across the rainforest canopy at Parque Nacional Volcan Arenal, marvel at pre-Columbian gold artifacts in San Jose's subterranean Museo de Oro Precolumbino, hike in the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological reserve or visit the Doka Estate to learn about coffee production: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Costa Rica with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Costa Rica:
- Over 15 colour maps, plus a road map of Costa Rica, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Costa Rica, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations detail iconic sights such as San José's fortress-like Centro Costarricense de Ciencias y Cultura, the elegant Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Los Ángeles in Cartago, the ancient Monumento Nacional Guayabo and more
- Colour photographs of Costa Rica's natural wonders and spectacular landscapes - including rainforests, cloud forests, wetlands, beaches, mountains, volcanoes - plus its diverse wildlife, iconic buildings and historic sights, ancient settlements and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover San José; the Central Highlands; the Central Pacific and Southern Nicoya; Guanacaste and Northern Nicoya; the Northern Zone; the Caribbean; and the Southern Zone
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's unique history and culture, ancient settlements, historic sights, colourful festivals and events, varied cuisine and more
- Experience Costa Rica with features on its landscapes, rainforest ecosystem, canopy tours, beaches and indigenous groups, as well as the story of Costa Rican coffee and a detailed field guide on the country's wildlife
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Costa Rica is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this spectacular country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.