The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring these diverse and compelling cities.
Experience imperial splendour at the Forbidden City in Beijing, travel back in time with a visit to the Great Wall or explore the bazaars and backstreets of Shanghai's Old City: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Beijing and Shanghai with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Beijing and Shanghai:
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map covering both cities and two transport maps, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Beijing and Shanghai, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Beijing's elegant Temple of Heaven and imperial Summer Palace, the world-famous Great Wall of China, the iconic Bund in Shanghai and more
- Colour photographs of each city's ancient architecture and historic sights, elegant temples, elaborate palaces, tranquil parks and gardens, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Beijing, Shanghai and Farther Afield
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about each city's unique history, iconic architecture, temples and palaces, museums and galleries, parks and gardens, and festivals and events
- Experience the culture with features on language and script, Chinese literature, religion and philosophy, architecture, traditional arts, traditional Chinese gardens, Beijing opera, modern arts, Beijing's courtyard houses, old Shanghai and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Beijing and Shanghai is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to these fascinating cities.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore beyond Beijing and Shanghai? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide China.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.